Due to uncertainty about travel in the next few months, I've decided to postpone this trip to Greece until September 2021. More info about new dates will be posted here soon and you'd have more than a year to pay for this fabulous trip. I couldn't love Syros more!
I am so excited to announce an adventure to Greece for the second year with stays on the beautiful island of Syros in the Aegean Sea and in the vibrant city of Athens. We'll be exploring, touring, creating, eating, relaxing, swimming, shopping, relaxing, photographing, and enjoying life together on this amazing island that is known for its beauty, food, and authentic Greek island life. Our hosts, Catherine and Jacques, will welcome us to the Hotel Alkyon for five nights in Syros before we head to Athens for our last three nights together. The care, friendliness, and hospitality they are known for will make our week together unforgettable!
My husband and I visited Syros so I could check it out for myself, and we both fell in love with the people, the food, and the diverse landscape of the island. Syros is a hidden treasure in the Greek islands because it is not too crowded and plagued by over-tourism as other places can be, but it still large enough to have great shopping and lots to see. When I took my first group there last September, everyone fell in love with it and was reluctant to leave! They loved that you can go from the city to the mountains to the beach in minutes.
Catherine and Jacques make us feel like family in front of their charming Hotel Alkyon, our home on the island...
Where exactly is Syros? It is one of about 220 islands that make up the Cyclades, the islands in the Aegean Sea southeast of Athens.
We'll make our home at the lovely Hotel Alkyon, with beautiful views of the sea. The pool awaits our sunning, swimming, and relaxing!
Delicious homemade meals are served on the cozy porch with its sea-view...
Everything glows under the moonlight!
The rooms are simple but have everything you need to be comfortable during your stay.
We will depart from Athens on Sunday, September 13, in the afternoon to take the three hour ferry to Syros. Our days will include both scheduled activities together and lots of free time to relax and explore on your own. On Friday, September 18, we will return together to Athens and spend three nights exploring the ancient city. Your departure day will be Monday, September 21, from Athens.
Here are the details for our week together...
Our adventure includes the following lodging, meals, and activities:
- Round trip transfer between the port in Syros and the hotel
- 5 nights at Hotel Alkyon with breakfast (double room) Contact me for the price of a private room.
- Boat ride to see and visit beaches that you can't access by car including BBQ lunch
- Breakfast every day and 4 lunches and 4 dinners in Greek taverns or at the hotel
- Cultural heritage tour in Ano Syros
- Visit to Ermoupoli city with guide and shopping there
- Optional day trip to the island of Mykonos (ferry fare not included - about 40 euros, meals not included)
- Car rental for three or four people (1 car/4 seats) in Syros for four days to explore the island, 100% insurance risks covered
- Swimming pool and tennis court
- Free wi-fi
- A relaxed class with Debby and generous class kit to make a travel album to document our adventure
- Dedicated classroom to work on your project anytime
- Round trip ferry transportation from Athens/Piraeus port to Syros together on the same ship
- Group transportation from Piraeus port to hotel in Athens
- 3 nights hotel in the center of Athens with breakfast (double room)
- Guided tour of the Acropolis in Athens
- Food tour in Athens
Price per person: $2100. A $350 non-refundable deposit will hold your spot. (Single supplement: $700 for single room in both Syros and Athens.) A minimum of five participants is required for the trip and a maximum of seven. Please do not purchase any non-refundable tickets, etc. until notified that the minimum has been reached.
All activities, lodging, and meals are organized by our wonderful hosts at Hotel Alkyon while in Syros, and by Debby in Athens.
- airfare/transportation to and from Athens
- food on ferry rides
- drinks during lunches and dinners
- fare on the ferry to/from Mykonos
- rental car surcharge if car is rented by 2 people (+60 EUR) or by 1 person (+120 EUR)
- meals in Athens other than breakfast and the food tour
- Insurance of any kind (medical or travel, etc.)
- transportation in Athens that is not specifically listed as included
Details about registration and payments can be found on the Information blog HERE.
More information about Syros and Athens can be found HERE.
Our week together is sure to be full of fun, laughter, and meaningful moments as we experience authentic Greek island life. I can't wait to share this adventure with you! Please feel free to email me if you have any questions at email@example.com.