I am so excited to announce a new adventure to Greece, on the beautiful island of Syros in the Aegean Sea. We'll be exploring, touring, creating, eating, relaxing, swimming, relaxing, photographing, and enjoying life together on this amazing island that is known for its beauty, food, and authentic Greek island life. Our hosts, Catherine and Jack, will welcome us to the Hotel Alkyon for five nights in Syros before we head to Athens for our last three nights together. The care, friendliness, and hospitality they are known for will make our week together unforgettable!
This past spring my husband and I visited Syros so I could check it out for myself, and we both fell in love with the people, the food, and the diverse landscape of the island. Syros is a hidden treasure in the Greek islands because it is not too crowded and plagued by over-tourism as other places can be, but it still large enough to have great shopping and lots to see.
This is Catherine and me in front of the charming Hotel Alkyon, our home on the island...
We will depart from Athens on Wednesday, September 11, in the late afternoon to take the three hour ferry to Syros. Our days will include both scheduled activities together and lots of free time to relax and explore on your own. On Monday, September 16, we will return together to Athens and spend three nights exploring the ancient city. Your departure day will be Thursday September 19, from Athens.
Where exactly is Syros? It is one of about 220 islands that make up the Cyclades, the islands in the Aegean Sea southeast of Athens.
We'll make our home at the lovely Hotel Alkyon, with beautiful views of the sea. The pool awaits our sunning, swimming, and relaxing!
Delicious homemade meals are served on the cozy porch with its sea-view...
Everything glows under the moonlight!
The rooms are simple but have everything you need to be comfortable during your stay.
Here are the details for our week together...
Our adventure includes the following lodging, meals, and activities:
- Round trip transfer between the port in Syros and the hotel
- 5 nights at Hotel Alkyon with breakfast (double room) Contact me for the price of a private room.
- Boat ride to see and visit beaches that you can't access by car including BBQ lunch
- 3 lunches and 3 dinners in Greek taverns or at the hotel
- Cultural heritage tour in Ano Syros
- Visit to Ermoupoli city with guide and shopping there
- Optional day trip to the island of Mykonos (ferry fare not included - about 40 euros)
- Car rental for three or four people (1 car/4 seats) in Syros for four days to explore the island, 100% insurance risks covered
- Swimming pool and tennis court
- Free wi-fi
- A relaxed class with Debby and generous class kit to make a travel album to document our adventure
- Dedicated classroom to work on your project anytime
- Round trip ferry transportation from Athens/Piraeus port to Syros together on the same ship
- Group transportation from Piraeus port to hotel in Athens
- 3 nights hotel in the center of Athens with breakfast (double room)
- Guided tour of the Acropolis in Athens
- Food tour in Athens
Price per person: $1950 (approximately 1670 EUR). A $350 (300 EUR) non-refundable deposit will hold your spot based on a minimum of six participants. If more than that sign up, then I will be able to offer a little reduction in price!
All activities, lodging, and meals are organized by our wonderful hosts at Hotel Alkyon while in Syros, and by Debby in Athens.
- airfare/transportation to and from Athens
- food on ferry rides
- drinks during lunches and dinners
- single bedroom (contact Debby for price of a single room in Syros and Athens)
- fare on the ferry to Mykonos
- rental car surcharge if car is rented by 2 people (+60 EUR) or by 1 person (+120 EUR)
- meals in Athens other than breakfast and the food tour
- Insurance of any kind (medical or travel, etc.)
- transportation in Athens that is not specifically listed as included
Details about registration and payments can be found on the Information blog HERE.
More information about Syros and Athens can be found HERE.
Our week together is sure to be full of fun, laughter, and meaningful moments as we experience authentic Greek island life. I can't wait to share this new adventure with you! Please feel free to email me if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.