I've survived my dental surgery - I am such a wimp when it comes to dental procedures (I suffer from "Dental Abuse Syndrome" - abused by a dentist when I was little - he drilled while I cried, and then in recent years I found that Novacaine wasn't working anymore) SOO anyway - after a week's delay, since the secretary wrote the wrong thing for my last appointment - it's done, and I'm on the mend. I had a crown-lenthening done to make room on the tooth for the crown that I need. I had heard horror stories, but I'm doing great. I've had no pain at all, and only minor discomfort - I can tell when it's time to take some more Motrin, but all in all, I'm very thankful for smooth-sailing so far! Thank you for all your prayers!
So what else have I been up to???
- I've been coordinating the orders for the product for my upcoming classes: just when I think I'm all set, I get an email from a company saying that an item is out of stock. It's frustrating when it is brand new product from the most recent releases! It's tough because the manufacturers don't want to get stuck with excess product, so they are producing so much less, but it is hard to get what I need when it hasn't even been released yet and it's already sold out??? Anyway, it's something that takes time just about every day!
- Boxes have started arriving for my new class kits - four 50 pound boxes from American Crafts yesterday and five more to come today, and nine boxes on their way from Basic Grey - that's almost 1,000 pounds of scrapbook products!! - all to be inventoried and sorted for each class... then packed into the kits!
- I've been working on the finishing the design of the new classes. There are just so many possibilities for each project - I finally just have to make myself glue things down! That's the good thing for the students though - their project doesn't have to be just like mine - there are unlimited possibilities to make it their own!
For example, this is the cover of my new planner/organizer/year in review album. There are 22 sheets of paper in this kit, so to choose what my cover will be is such a personal thing - and there are sooo many more possibilities. It could have been more graphic and not so floral; it could have had different embellishments; it could be more square or be at the bottom instead of the top, etc, etc. You get the idea! I like to include lots of choices so each person can make it their own and make it something they will actually use. I love the way my cover finally turned out. I will enjoy using it every day in the new year!
- I've been making lots of travel arrangements - buying tickets for Texas and Florida and New York City - lots of traveling in the next three months and beyond!
- I came across a good article on a blog the other day: 5 Ways to Avoid Compare and Despair Syndrome. Over the weekend I was seeing lots of people posting from Scrapfest at the Mall of America and from Inspiration Unlimited in Las Vegas and caught myself feeling sorry for myself that I wasn't SOMEWHERE... wait a minute! What's up with that?!! I am so incredibly blessed to do what I love to do. How dare I compare myself to someone else. It is a danger though for any of us, I think, in the Facebook and blog world that we live in. We always have to remember that we are usually only seeing the best and "biggest hits" as the article says. Everyone... EVERYONE... has more going on that meets the eye - struggles and heartaches along with the joys. I constantly remind myself to stay on course, to be thankful, count my blessings, and to know what I'm good at and do my best at THAT with God's help.
- Have you seen this video yet? Giving It was shown in our church service on Sunday - the series of messages right now is on love from I Corinthians 13 - particularly the phrase "love is kind." The video is such a perfect picture of kindness. Kindness really is one of the best ways to communicate love. I needed the reminder that God expresses His love to me through kindness and has been kind to me that I might be kind to others. When Brandon was deployed in Iraq nothing touched me like the kindness people showed to me. Kindness really is a gift!
I'm back to work today on my classes - hope to see you in one of them - they are listed in the sidebar on the right.
There is still a chance to travel with me...
My Texas 2013: A Retreat with Purpose - it's not too late to join us for a lovely time in Texas Hill country to create and reflect and shop and relax! There are openings in both weekends.
My NYC 2013 - only three spots left out of the max of 25.
My Paris 2014 - only one single occupancy spot left for the second week.