So what's been happening around here?...
- trying to stay cool - I finally gave in and had the airconditioner put in the bedroom window. I love having the windows open, so I put off installing the air as long as possible.
- spending the day on the Fourth of July by packing class kits - with a little help from Mr. Kitty!
It's always funny to me, that with the entire house to choose a spot to rest, he picks the one right on top of what we are doing. Then he gets mad if we come too close into his space. Who's in charge here anyway?!
- celebrating the 4th of July. We just didn't feel motivated this year to fight the traffic to see fireworks on the 4th this year. Instead we had a little picnic at my parent's place and played a competitive round of Phase 10. I was hot (as usual!) so they got out the fans to keep me cool. I think I have the beginnings of a fan club! Ha! I cracked myself up!
- enjoying seeing Brandon over the holiday. Always love any chance to see my kids! He's off to Maryland for six weeks to school for work with the Army. Independence Day is a good time to give thanks for his service - I'm so proud of him!
- relaxing in the park for a summer Sunday concert in the park. We love to go to outdoor concerts in the summer but don't really enjoy operatic singing. Last night we went to the town park for a concert that was called Shuffle off to Broadway - sounds like show tunes, right? Turned out to be arias from operas - like fingernails on chalkboard to us! It was a beautiful night but I'd rather just hear the orchestra play!
- playing with the new Rhonna Farrer photo app. I like it but need to play with it more - I need to experiment to find out exactly what you get when you print the photos and what size you are getting when you stretch the frames. Here's one photo I altered just for fun!
I'm wondering if, when this photo is printed, I would get just the photo and the frame or the gray space around it too and then have to crop it. I like that the app comes with so many frames and fonts and effects. I hope Rhonna does some tutorials on getting the most from the app.
- getting ready to travel the next three weekends back and forth across the country! I'm looking forward to classes this coming weekend at Whim So Doodle in St. Pete in Florida. Can't wait to see everyone there and do some shopping at the Doodle! It seems strange to go there in the summer just for the weekend! Usually I spend a week or two and hit the beach and several Goodwills. Then the next week I'm off to San Diego for a busy weekend of four classes at Paper Tales (Did you hear that they are featured in an article in the August issue of Romantic Homes magazine?), then on to Las Vegas for the hobby and craft trade show, and then to San Jose to Scrapbook Island. The kits are ready to go, sign ups are great, and I'm really looking forward to see lots of friends (and my California kids) soon!