I am so excited to announce a new adventure... my first retreat and classes in Greece, on the beautiful island of Syros in the Aegean Sea. We'll be exploring, touring, creating, eating, relaxing, swimming, relaxing, photographing, and enjoying life together on this amazing island that is known for its beauty, food, and authentic Greek island life. Our hosts, Catherine and Jack, will welcome us to the Hotel Alkyon for five days in Syros before we head to Athens for our last two days together. The care, friendliness, and hospitality they are known for will make our week together unforgettable!
Thursday, August 30, 2018, will be the day you arrive at the hotel on Syros, and our time together will begin with class on Friday morning. Our days will include both scheduled activities together and lots of free time to relax and explore on your own. Our departure day will be Thursday, September 6, from Athens.
Here are the details for our week together...
Anyone is welcome to join us for this delightful week. I expect that we might have women from the US, Italy, France, Greece, and other countries. What a wonderful chance to get to know others and share our love of traveling, photography, and scrapbooking!
Our retreat includes the following lodging, meals, and activities:
- Round trip transfer between the port in Syros and the hotel
- 5 nights at Hotel Alkyon with breakfast (double room)
- Boat ride to see and visit beaches that you can't access by car including BBQ lunch
- 4 lunches and 4 dinners in Greek taverns or at the hotel
- Cultural heritage tour in Ano Syros
- Visit to Ermoupoli city with guide
- Car rental for three or four people (1 car/4 seats) in Syros for four days to explore the island, 100% insurance risks covered
- Swimming pool and tennis court
- Free wi-fi
- Two classes with Debby and generous class kits to complete the projects, including a travel album to document our retreat
- Printed directions with color photos in English, French, and Italian, as needed
- Dedicated classroom to work on your projects
- Cellphone photography tips and tricks for better photos
- 2 nights hotel in the center of Athens with breakfast (double room)
- Food tour in Athens
- Visit to Acropolis and Museum in Athens
Price per person: 840 EUR (approximately $1,020) payable to Hotel Alkyon and 350 EUR ($425) payable to Debby Schuh. (Payment and cancellation policy information can be found on the retreat information page HERE.)
All activities, lodging, and meals are organized by our wonderful hosts at Hotel Alkyon, and Debby will be leading you during our class times.
To aid you in getting to the island, the hotel has arranged a transportation add-on: 210 EUR (approximately $255) Payable to Hotel Alkyon. Includes:
- Athens transfer: airport to port
- ferry ticket: Piraeus (Athens) to Syros
- ferry ticket: Syros to Piraeus (Athens)
- Athens transfer: port to hotel
- Athens transfer: hotel to airport
- airfare/transportation to Athens
- food on ferry rides
- drinks during lunches and dinners
- single bedroom (contact Catherine for price of a single room in Syros and Athens)
- rental car surcharge if car is rented by 2 people (+60 EUR) or by 1 person (+120 EUR)
- meals in Athens other than breakfast and food tour
- Insurance of any kind (medical or travel, etc.)
Our week together is sure to be full of fun, laughter, and meaningful moments as we experience Greek island life. I can't wait to share this new adventure!
I would love to have you join us! Please feel free to email me if you have any questions at email@example.com.
*Travel insurance is strongly recommended as I cannot control the weather and other unforeseen circumstances that might affect our travel.
Please refer to the Retreat Information page HERE for additional information.